Sunday, May 25, 2008

Beefcake Challenge: End of Week 21

Day 145:
Weight = 202.0 lbs, 7.0 lbs too heavy
Body fat = 30.2%, 5.2 percentage points too fatty
Visceral fat = 11, 3 points too fatty

It's hard to say how much progress I've made in the past week because the numbers don't exactly stand out. I did gain a pound, but your weight can fluctuate by one or two pounds throughout the day so that's just in the noise. My body fat went down by 0.7 percentage points. I don't know what the plus/minus is for the scale, but maybe that's meaningful. I hope so because I walked to work twice and played basketball. I also tried to eat well, but I think I had too much dessert.

From the pictures, you can see that I have a lot of upper, upper body definition, but I'm still pretty soft around the waist. That fat is the first to go on and the last to come off so it'll be a while before I trim that down. It does feel more solid when I poke it though, but maybe it doesn't show well in the pictures. My web cam sucks and I'm not sure how to take these kinds of pictures with my regular camera.

I think I need to add some more cardiovascular activity for sure since weight or strength training will not lead to fat loss. It's too bad that I have that late Tuesday meeting or I could play frisbee.

No comments: