Saturday, September 5, 2009

Crockpot alfredo pasta

I made a promise to try a new recipe every week.  I felt like cooking something in my crockpot because it's easy and usually makes a lot of leftovers.  I searched for interesting crockpot recipes and came upon this one for chicken alfredo.  I didn't use chicken thighs, but that shouldn't matter.

It came out just ok.  The real problem can be seen from the picture.  What color is the pasta?  It's not white which means the alfredo sauce broke down during the long cooking.  I think the oil separated out.  The sauce tasted just a little strange.  It's hard to describe.  I think it's because I was expecting more of an alfredo taste than what I got.  At least I got a healthy amount of vegetables with the meal.

This recipe is not a keeper.  I'm on the lookout for good crockpot recipes.  When winter rolls around, I think I'll try to find a crockpot chili recipe. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a good salsa chicken recipe if you are interested.

Jeremy said...

Yes, I would like that recipe.