Monday, September 14, 2009

US Open

Yesterday, I drove down to Queens to catch the two men's semifinal matches at Arthur Ashe Stadium.  I saw Nadal pack it in against del Potro and I saw Federer "squeak" by Djokavic.  Both matches were over after just three sets, but Djokavic was much closer to Federer than Nadal was to del Potro.

I sat in the second row from the top, but still had a good view of the court.  The weather held and I even got a sunburn.  Parking was easy and, at $18, was not overly burdensome.  It was definitely a cool experience that I want to repeat.

A lot of celebrities were there including Jack Nicholson.  I was killing time outside between matches when he came out for a smoke with a lady friend and a security dude.  He passed by me within about 8 feet.  I didn't say anything to him, but I did take a couple of pictures that I'll upload later.  I think it's the closest I've ever been to a celebrity.  A couple of people tried to talk to him, but the security dude chased them away.

No comments: