Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fitness update

I was out of town last weekend so it's been two weeks since I've updated on my fitness. As you can see from the graph, I made a large improvement in body fat percentage with just a small weight penalty. It's not shown, but my visceral fat dropped from "10" to "9" (arb. units). Sweet since I lost two pounds of fat.

I haven't been that active this past month thanks to my antibiotics course and the weather, but that should change soon. I've got my bikes back in working order and I have a powerful bike light so that I can ride at night with at least a non-zero probability that I won't get hit.

I think I have been eating much better though. I don't eat nearly as much and I hardly eat crap at all.

I'm still nowhere near my fitness goal, but I'm getting there.

I asked my cousin about the FBI requirements for their physical fitness test (PFT). According to him, you should be able to do 45 situps in a minute, 50 pushups with continuous motion, run 300 m in 46 s and run 1.5 miles in 11 minutes. Each test has just five minutes in between so it's also a test of endurance. I used to run sprints in high school so I think I can handle the 300 m dash though it's been a while. 45 situps is less than one per second which is doable. I would need to get beefier to do the pushups and would definitely need to improve my cardiovascular fitness to complete the 1.5 mile test. Of course, a lot of people can run 2 miles in 11 minutes, but that's not the point. The point is to be able to do all of the above.

No comments: