Thursday, September 24, 2009

Project 365: Day 6

I ordered a glass and metal A/V component stand from Best Buy. It came yesterday and I set it up tonight after dinner.

Firstly, I had to wrangle the 92 lb box down my narrow basement stairs from the garage. It nearly fell and I probably did my back harm, but I got it into the finished portion. It took me over an hour to put it together and to get it into place. It needs to sit under the window for optimal reception. If I ever get an antenna on the roof, I can move this unit into the corner so that it's less intrusive.

The powered antenna is on the top shelf, the DVD-recorder with tuner is on the next shelf, then my PS3 and then my receiver is on the floor because the center speaker wire isn't long enough to move it back. I'm going to get a new A/V receiver so I'll take better care of the cords and wires then.

I think it looks better than before and I probably sweated off a few pounds putting it together. Those who know me know that I sweat a lot when I concentrate. It seems counter-productive, but there isn't anything I can do about it.

I'll test it out tomorrow night to make sure everything is still working right.

No comments: