Friday, September 4, 2009

The internet has killed the art of polite disagreement.

  • This dude converted an El Camino into an electric car. He gets his electricity from solar and wind so his car is truly green. Pretty frickin' cool. Too bad it cost him $30k to convert it.
  • I've managed to pass a couple of hours by reading a book and just ate a burger. Hopefully it'll stay put in my stomach.
  • I wouldn't mind living in another country for a couple of years. It would be cool to live in Europe. GLOBALFOUNDRIES has a fab in Dresden, Germany. I'm not sure how I could get there though since they don't seem to have assignee programs anymore.
  • I'm trying to avoid logging on to Facebook because it's a massive time suck. So far I've lasted a day. It's tough, but it'll be good for me.
  • I think that I would be happier here if I exercised more regularly. I need to find some leagues. There is a tennis center not too far from here so maybe I should join up. It's indoors so I'd have something to do during the winter. With my new plan of fiscal irresponsibility, I can afford the membership.
  • I'll start cooking more interesting stuff and taking pictures. I don't want my blog to turn into a journal of despair. I used to have a goal of trying one new recipe every week. I think I'll try to get back to that.
  • I'm not well enough to concentrate at work, but maybe I'm ok to get my bikes back into working order. I'd like to go for a bike ride this weekend. I need to get the lead out.
  • It can be hard moving forward when you keep reliving past mistakes. That might be one reason why I don't sleep well at night.

No comments: