Friday, May 9, 2008

Bad news


My mom called tonight and told me that their dog, Toby, isn't doing very well. He's been sick the past couple of weeks and has been getting worse. They took him to the vet and got him tested. There is protein in his urine, which is not a good sign. I guess he has some sort of kidney problem and they won't know until Monday whether it's treatable or not. The vet seems a little pessimistic.

Damn. I'm pretty depressed now because he's a great dog and has a lot of funny habits. The picture I put up here was taken by Yvonne during one of our Xmas trips to Portland. Toby really likes to sit on that corner of the couch in the living room because he can see the front door, the living room, the dining room, into the kitchen and down the hallway.

Well, I'll think good thoughts for him and hopefully he'll be ok.

No comments: