Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pizza












I made pizza for dinner tonight and it turned out pretty well though I think I should have cooked it a few minutes more to brown the cheese a bit.

Dough:
  • 3 cups white flour
  • 1 cup corn meal
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 3 tsp yeast
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • minced garlic
  • Italian seasoning
  • Mix/knead in food processor with dough blade and let it rise covered in the fridge for at least six hours
Toppings:
  • 1 lb mild Italian pork sausage
  • turkey pepperoni
  • green onion
  • diced tomatoes
  • sliced orange bell peppers
  • sliced sweet onion
  • red sauce
  • 1 lb mozzarella cheese
Cook on pizza stone until it's done. The parchment paper is necessary to keep the pizza from sticking to the stone. As you can see, the cheese isn't quite uniformly brown so I think I slightly undercooked it. Oh well. I was pretty hungry by that time and I'm known for being a bit impatient.

The pizza is pretty heavy so I had some salad to balance it out. I'm trying to eat less so I had just one piece when in the past I would've had two.

Not the fanciest of dinners, but pretty tasty for sure. Most of the ingredients were organic courtesy of the Sunnyvale farmers' market.

[Damn. Google needs to use AJAX for posting so that I can position the pictures exactly where I want them.]

No comments: