Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Go go healthy body

I walked to work today. It took me about 35 minutes to walk the 2.1 miles, but I would say maybe five minutes of that time was spent waiting at crosswalks. That means I walked 15 minute miles. Not too shabby. It's pretty warm out so I was sweating a little, but it wasn't too bad.

My goal is to walk to work on Wednesdays and Fridays. I estimate that I use half of my gas each week driving to work. The actual mileage isn't that much, but these 2.1 mile trips are pretty inefficient. Walking 40 percent of the time should lead to 20 percent less gas so I'll help my wallet as well as my waistline.

I'm also trying to eat less. Before each meal, I determine how much I think I should eat and then reduce it a little. I've got some extra calories around my waist so I'm not going to starve. Hopefully I won't cause my body to start burning muscle, but we'll see. Of course, last night was not a good example as I wolfed down two cheese dogs and half a bag of Reece's Pieces.

No comments: