Friday, September 12, 2008

Department picnic

This afternoon was the annual department picnic. Last year's theme was Hawai'ian, but this year's was Mexican. Not too many people wore sombreros, but that's alright. They had tortillas and pork and steak and chicken with fixins. I had three helpings which amazed my tablemates. I don't know what the heck is going on with me, but I've been hungry as all get up this week. I guess my metabolism is shifting for the better, but it's still surprising to eat three times as much as everyone else, but still be hungry. I'm hungry right now. I could probably eat another full meal for sure.

They had a raffle and I came oh so close to winning something. My number was 212 and 210 won a power sprayer that I wanted, 211 won a bottle of wine and 214 won something as well. My friend standing next to me won a jar of nuts so I was in the lucky section, but came home empty. That's alright.

The park is in the north part of Sunnyvale, past 101 and in the neighborhood of Lakewood which is probably where I'll buy a house later this year. The park is close to the bay so it was windy and a bit cold even for me and I don't really get that cold.

A few people got drunk which is always amusing. I think maybe next year I'll help out so that I have something to do.

No comments: