Sunday, September 21, 2008

Saturday night fun

A friend of mine hooked me up with a Yahoo Group, BAPBSC, and they had a social mixer at California Billiards in Mountain View tonight. It was only $15 to play 3.5 hours of pool and I had an awesome time. I forgot how much I like playing. I didn't forget how badly I suck, but I did hit some decent shots as I got warmed up towards the end. The people in the group were cool for the most part and were pretty tolerant of some of the newbies. Some people there were really good and a lot brought their own cues. I would get one just so that I'd have something consistent to play with, but I don't want to look like a poser. Maybe my new place will be big enough for me to get a pool table. That would be pretty effin' sweet and I would play every night for sure.

The only bad news is that they only have an event about once a month. I can always try to organize my own event or maybe I'll try to rustle up some friends to play. I guess there is a decent place in downtown Sunnyvale so I have no excuse for not playing.

This weekend has been awesome so far so we'll see if Sunday keeps up the pace.

No comments: