Saturday, September 27, 2008

Time off

I found out that we only need to take seven business days off this year rather than a full ten. I guess three tenths of a paycheck is better than none though I might have enough vacation to cover all seven.

The first three days are the week of Thanksgiving and the next four are during the week after Xmas. I plan on flying up to Portland for Thanksgiving so that's not a big deal and I'm going up for Xmas, but I wasn't going to go up that long. I'd like to drive down to LA to see some friends, but I'm not sure if they will be in town or if they're interested.

Housing prices are still falling and expected to drop even further here in Cali. I need to check with my mortgage broker to see if I can still get a loan. I probably should move regardless because my current place is pretty expensive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bro- Glad you will be coming up North for thanksgiving. Lots of good food and relaxation. Mom asked me if I have class that week...I don't think I do. My classes are Monday and Wednesday at that time. Maybe my Monday class.
That's better news about the 3/10th paycheck. A little less hit upon the wallet. Hopefully the JPMorgan WAMU buyout will still leave you with the services you desire.