Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fitness Update


I'll admit I ate a lot of crap over Thanksgiving and it cost me a bit of fitness.  You can see a bit of an uptick in chunkiness over the past couple of months, but I think I'm back on the wagon and this morning's measurements indicate a loss of two fat pounds.

I'm still not to my intermediate goal of 20% body fat, but I think I can get there with some discipline.  I need to do some kind of exercise every day which gets my heart racing and makes me sweat.  I currently have basketball twice a week and squash once a week, but basketball will end soon.  I usually go running once a week, but I'll probably backfill with burpees and mountain climbers.  They aren't much fun, but are certainly effective.  I wouldn't mind taking some boxing classes as well so I can learn to punch well enough to get my own speed and heavy bags.  I think it would be a great stress reliever and would help get me closer to my goal of being jacked/ripped.  I'm certainly enjoying the process.

I ate a lot of gluten over the holiday and I could tell it was slowing me down since I feel much better now since I haven't had any intentionally since Wednesday night.  I feel pretty good actually and that's always a good thing.

It still amazes me that I've lost nearly 30 fat pounds over the past five years.  I'm embarrassed I chunked out that much, but I think I'm headed in the correct direction.  I definitely do a lot of walking at work because our complex is large.

No comments: