Thursday, February 17, 2011

50 questions that will free your mind

Continuing to answer the 50 questions.

Question #9: To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

I wasn't control of anything up until college. I was expected to do well in school, encouraged to do a sport when it wasn't the rainy season, etc. In college, I chose my major, my friends and my social activities. I chose to go to grad school after college and I chose to stay in Ithaca for a couple of years while my girlfriend-at-the-time did more schooling.

She and I decided to move out to CA, but I decided to leave CA when I got laid off (she had broken things off a year before).

I guess I can say that I have controlled my destiny which means I should STFU on this blog about where I am and what I'm doing. I'm a big believer in fixing problems. If you don't like something then change it. There isn't any sense in bitchin' about it. God helps those who help themselves and so forth. If I control my destiny, then I shouldn't complain about what happens after I make a decision.

No comments: