Thursday, February 10, 2011

It takes money to make/save money

It's been cold here lately and I've been thinking I need to get a thermal analysis of my place to determine where the major leaks are.  My coworker's daughter was able to cut her Vermont heating bill in half by fixing a few things.  However, replacing windows isn't cheap.  A good double paned window is going to run me around $300-400 installed and a triple paned one would be $500-700.  I'm not sure how insulated some of my outside walls are so I need to factor that in.  Sure, I could eventually cut my bills significantly, but not without a serious initial outlay.

People who have a lot of disposable income can more easily make or save money since they can afford to eco-pimp their place and they can take advantage of tax loopholes and whatnot.

I need to figure out how to increase my disposable income.  My plan to get a MacBook Air with some of my theoretical bonus probably isn't helping.

No comments: