Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fitness update

It's the last Saturday in the month which means it's time for my fitness update.  I've been disciplined about following my exercise regime, but I haven't eaten as well as I should which probably explains my lack of progress.  I'm definitely getting stronger, but I think I'm just building muscle under the existing fat.  Once I get my diet back under control, I should be able to make some progress on the chunk around my waist.

The chart below shows I've nearly undone all the hard work over the past couple of years, but I'm not sure how much I trust the body fat measurement.  My weight has definitely crept back up close to 200lbs, but I could explain that away with the new muscle.
 The plot below is the one that really troubles me since my love handles aren't shrinking.  On the bright side, they haven't been growing lately either.
 I got a haircut and trimmed up the 'stache.  I'm getting good definition in my upper upper body and you can even see a vein popping on my right forearm.  I think my face looks thinner as well.  It's the chunk around the middle that needs to go.
Oh well.  No progress without struggle so I'll keep at it and I'll definitely start eating better.

No comments: