Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I feel accomplished.

I was going to hire someone to plow my driveway tomorrow, but I decided to man up and shovel it myself today. It took a little more than two hours, but I was able to shovel 90% of it to get my car down. I left about a car length at the bottom to shovel out tomorrow because the plow truck will be by a few times today and I only want to shovel the resulting ice mountain once.

I realized I don't want to be the typical American who is afraid of some hard work. Why should I pay someone $50 for something I can do myself? I was already going to work from home today and we all know I need the exercise. It was tough work and I could've done without the ice pellets, but I feel pretty good. I didn't cop out.

I still might get a snowblower this year because it'll be something I own which is worth money. I'm ok buying goods, but I want to cut down on buying services.

I don't really like the media hype about these kinds of storms. It's the Northeast and it's winter. It's going to snow and 12" isn't really all that unusual around here.

No comments: