Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday ramblings

We got more snow last night and I was tempted to work from home today, but we only got something like two inches which is nothing for out here.  I don't get today off so the drive in was fairly easy because only a few people were out and about.

I slept poorly last night and I blame the ice cream I had yesterday.  Dairy and sugar is not a great combination for me so I definitely need to cut back.

Myoplex strength bars taste a lot like candy bars.  I usually have a Clif Builder Bar for my morning snack, but I had some coupons for the Myoplex bars and they were on sale as well.  They're pretty tasty and have 25g of protein so maybe I'll get some more in the future since I have a coupon left.

I've become addicted to putting together my puzzle.  It's 1000 pieces and I've got the edge done and maybe 10% of the middle.  I think I'm making good progress, but it's hard for me to stop working on it.  Just one more piece...

I gave Netflix streaming a thorough trial last night and the quality was much better than expected.  I have to sign in to the PSN to use it on my PS3 so I lost some time resetting my password.  I watched four episodes of Rescue Me.  I figure the quality is good enough for a TV show and is comparable or slightly better to DVD quality.  I'll still get the Blu-Ray movies delivered until Netflix can promise 1080p resolution via streaming.  I read that a sizeable fraction of the total bandwidth is consumed by Netflix so we'll need an infrastructure boost (or those telecom jerks to stop throttling us).

This morning's exercise was tabatas for the pushing muscles.  I had a tough time with the pushups and rocking chairs, but did ok with the burpees.  I'm getting stronger, but I'm not ready to move on to the next program class.

I was tempted to buy some stuff this weekend, but held off.  I'm not saying I deserve a parade, but this new fiscal discipline will happen in baby steps.  We'll see what happens when I get my fat tax refund back.

No comments: