Friday, February 20, 2009

Bike ride

My friend and I needed to get the lead out this afternoon so we went for a bike ride. We started at my place and biked down Evelyn until we caught the Mountain View portion of the Stevens Creek Trail near Landels Elementary. We biked north on the trail until we hit the bay though there was another detour along the way since we missed the turn-off for the trail. Anyhow, the trail is pretty nice and lets you avoid a lot of traffic. There were a lot of people biking, walking and running and the weather was nearly ideal - not too warm, but sunny. I'd estimate that we biked about 15 miles which isn't too bad for a couple of couch-potatoes. My legs are a bit sore, but I think I'm alright. I feel pretty good mood-wise because I've got some endorphins running through. Exercise is good for what ails you and I need more of it. It's not like I don't have the time.

Below are some pictures taken at the end of the trail. I've got my dorky bike safety gear on, but if it keeps me safe, I don't care how stupid I look.





On the way back, we stopped at 7-11 for some sort of Gatorade product which definitely hit the spot.

I think I'm going to bike this trail three times a week if I'm not working to get some exercise and to get out of my apartment. The real loop, without the detour, is a little under 12 miles which should take about an hour or so of bike time.

No comments: