Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stuck in limbo

Still no word from work about what's going down. At this point I'd almost welcome a layoff, especially if it got me a fat severance check. I think CA law requires one, but I'm not sure if that's true if the company is broken up piecemeal. It's definitely not true if the company goes bankrupt.

I'm starting to go a little stir-crazy as well with this mental inactivity. It's nice having time off, but seven weeks with no money coming in is pretty rough.

Hopefully the government can jump-start the economy so that I can get back to work.

For those out there thinking I'm completely just sitting on my ass, I have been looking for a new job and even went on an interview. Nothing doing so far and that sucks. There just aren't a lot of jobs out there.

No comments: