Saturday, February 7, 2009

Underemployment and focus

One of the problems about being underemployed is that your routine is disrupted. You suddenly have a lot of free time, but for the wrong reasons as you're not getting paid (unlike vacation). The pressure of not working makes it a bit tough to enjoy the time off. Hopefully work will turn around next week, but I still think I need to be a bit more disciplined and structured.

With that thought, here are my priorities:
1. Stabilize the job situation. This could happen if my current employer is acquired or if I find a new job.
2. Improve fitness/health. I think some of my "depression" comes from not exercising enough. I should take more advantage of the mild California weather.
3. Find a new place to live. My current place is expensive and I'd like to find a house to rent so that I don't have any immediate neighbors. Of course, I need to get #1 out of the way so that I live somewhere reasonably close to work.
4. Get financial situation under control. This point is directly related to #1, but I would feel a lot better if I had a larger nest egg. I need to start saving more money and see where I can cut expenses. Do I really need to pay for TV now that the football season is over?

No comments: