Friday, February 6, 2009

Chicken dinner

I'm off work again today so I had time last night to cook something a bit more complicated. I decided to make roast chicken. I checked my How to Cook Everything Cookbook by Mark Bittman for a suitable recipe and found one using parsley and onions. I roasted the chicken according to instructions and it tasted alright, but that was mostly because it was a free range chicken. The parsley didn't seem to add enough flavor. The meal was still pretty good because I had mashed sweet potatoes and fresh pineapple to go along with it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How is the Bitmann book? I read his blog on the NY Times website sometimes but haven't tried any of the recipes before..

Unknown said...

oh PS, I think Thomas Keller's recipe for roast chicken is the simplest and best.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/My-Favorite-Simple-Roast-Chicken-231348


I like to play around with this base recipe though by stuffing the cavity with some garlic cloves and half a lemon, ...

Jeremy said...

The Bittman books are great. There are no pictures, but the recipes are usually clear so you've got a great chance of success.

I didn't buy a whole chicken; I just bought two legs and a breast.