Here is what I have so far:
- Make a daily schedule. It sounds like overkill, but it's what my dad recommended and he was out of work for a while. If you don't have a plan for each day, then you'll do nothing and just laze around.
- Get out of the house at least once a day. Getting out and about will force me to keep a good schedule, stay clean and should help alleviate the depression.
- Exercise often. Exercising will also stave off the depression and, if I ride my bike a lot, will also help me get out of my apartment.
- Apply for at least three jobs a week. I need to use the shotgun approach at this time.
- Cut all unnecessary expenses. Is Netflix necessary? Not really, but it isn't that expensive and will give me something to do. I might cancel my TV service. It's less than $15/month (just gives me access to local channels) and isn't necessary now that football season is over. I won't be able to go out to eat much and I'll have to cut back on snacks.
- Find a new place to live. I can stretch out my remaining cash if I can cut back on my biggest expense - rent. I'm a bit picky about where I live though since I need more quiet than most people. I might have to sacrifice noise for reduced rent.