Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fitness update

I was sick for the first part of this month, got better and then took a knee to the thigh while playing basketball.  It didn't feel like a regular charlie horse and never bruised up.  I guess they call those deep muscle bruises or something.  Anyhow, I took a week off to heal up, but got back to business this week and was able to undo some of the chunkening.


The charts show I'm in about the best shape of my recent life.  I feel pretty good, but I could be doing better by cutting back on the junk food and by being disciplined with my exercise.  For instance, I skipped squash this morning because I couldn't get my ass out of bed.  It's just one workout, but that attitude could be preventing me from getting really ripped so I need to work on it.

The good news is I've avoided the cyclic uptick and have continued to drive all numbers down, down and down.  Most people who haven't seen me for a while ask how much weight I've lost or comment on it.

The other good news is the tabata workouts are working which is good because they're fairly short and will allow me to sleep for another 30 minutes a night.

Next month's update will include the Thanksgiving holiday, but I'll try not to eat too much junk food then.

No comments: