Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks

I thought Weeks' The Black Prism was awesome so I jumped a chance to plow through the second Lightbringer novel, The Blinding Knife.  It did not disappoint though I thought it was epsilon worse than the first due to some "Huh.  What?" moments in the middle.  Don't get me wrong though; this book is still awesome and better than 99% of the fantasy books out there.

The magic definitely obeys Sanderson's First Law and you get a little more insight into how it works in this book.  You also get plenty of magic, intrigue and fighting.  Weeks isn't quite as descriptive as Abercrombie when it comes to the fight scenes, but it is still more than adequate.

I highly recommend this book and I eagerly await the next installment.

No comments: