Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Never Gymless Day 12

Morning: maximal strength workout
  • (10 body rows, 10 hamstring curls) x 4
  • One armed pushups: 1, 2, 2, 2; one legged squats: 5, 5, 5, 5
  • (10 pike presses, 15 good mornings) x 4
  • one legged calf raises: 15, 15, 15
Now, don't get too excited since my one armed pushups were not quite the real deal.  I went down until I couldn't anymore which was just a few inches.  However, the idea is to work on my maximal strength so I figured I might as well get started.  The squats were nearly "real," but my thigh wasn't quite parallel to the floor.  I definitely feel stronger.

Evening: core
  • (10 crunches, 15 green band pull throughs, 10 green band rotational chops) x 3; plank: 46s, 53s, 55s
I added some resistance band exercises to my core work because I prefer exercises with a lot of movement.  It took me a bit to get the hang of the rotational chops, but I think I've got it now and they were definitely effective.  I was also able to plank (aka static pushup) for much longer than before.

I'm feeling pretty good so I definitely think this workout regime is working.

No comments: