Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend recap

This weekend was relaxing and productive for me.  I hit the farmer's market Saturday morning and did a mess of work out in my yard.  I finished mowing the back lawn and cut back neighboring plants trying to creep into my yard.  I started to dismantle the firepit, but I'll need a sledgehammer to finish the job.

I found what looked to be turkey bones in my yard as well.  I wonder what took one down.

I finished a couple of books and the plumber came over this afternoon to replace a bad hose.  It turns out the brass fitting was cracked - crappy Chinese crap.  I think I'm good to go so I've got full use of my bathroom again.  Sweet.

I made a pretty tasty vegetarian slow cooker dish out of my white trash slow cooker cookbook - cowboy beans and rice.  I'm sure I'll be hotboxin' tonight.

I also started watching Dollhouse through Netflix streaming.  Holy cow.  How did I miss this show?  It has action, some science and a whole mess of hotties including my personal favorite, Dichen Lachman.  I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god.  I'm not sure what it is about her, but looking at her makes my pants tight.  Eliza Dushku is pretty damn hot as well.  In fact, the whole show is packed full of eye candy.  I wonder why it was ever canceled.

No comments: