Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend recap

There was an ultimate hat tournament in Ithaca on Sunday so I drove down late Saturday afternoon.  I met up with a couple of friends for dinner, we got some ice cream and then walked around Cornell for a bit little before going into Collegetown for a beer.  Cornell is exactly how I remembered it and the cleanroom looked the same as well.

Even though it was wicked hot, the tournament was fun.  It rammed home that I still need to improve my conditioning, but I did ok.  My ultimate strategy is rusty, but my throws were fine.  We had some pretty decent food as well and I met some new people.

The fields were rock hard because the city is reluctant to aerate them.  The ultimate association has offered to pay for the aeration, but the city still doesn't think it's necessary.  When it rains, the water just puddles on top and doesn't really help the grass grow.

I missed a couple of spots with the sunscreen so I got minor sunburn.  It isn't anything a little lidocaine can't help.

All in all, I had a lot of fun though it's a long drive.  I also learned how to "serve tea" which is an old Chinese way of loosening up your hand, arm and shoulder muscles.  I'll have to incorporate it as a stretching exercise before my Never Gymless workouts.

No comments: