Saturday, July 2, 2011

Survival knife

My new survival knife, a KA-BAR Becker BK2, came yesterday and I'm pretty stoked. I was looking for a good knife for camping and for when I go hiking. I also wanted something sturdy to prepare for the eventual zombie apocalypse.

Holy moly. This knife is solid. I wouldn't exactly call it heavy because it's well-balanced, but it has a... substantial feel to it. Most reviews stated you can cut everything from tree branches to tomatoes with it without a problem so it should be useful. It cut a cardboard box like a hot knife through butter.

It came with a durable plastic sheath which makes it tough to actually get the knife out. I must be doing something incorrectly so I'll poke around on the internet for help.

Here's a picture of the bad boy:

No comments: