Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fitness update

Another Saturday, another measurement.  I've been on Phase I of the South Beach Diet for about ten days now.  I still have some sugar cravings, but they aren't as bad as they were before.  The book says I should've lost a few pounds by now and maybe I have, but they're not all fat pounds.

As you can see from the chart, my weight has been dropping over the past few measurements, but my body fat is slowly creeping upward and I've almost undone all the hard work since I moved out to NY in the spring of 2009.  Not good.

I need to get my knees in shape so I can start exercising again.  I know it should be possible to lose fat just by adjusting your diet, but exercise has always helped me.  I've just been doing pullups and crunches since they don't really involve my knees.  Those are good, but I really need some aerobic activity.

No comments: