Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Impure motivation

Many of my loyal readers know I'm trying to get my fat ass into shape.  However, they likely do not know the real reasons why.  Sure, it'll be good for my health and longevity to be in better shape, but I'm primarily motivated by two primal reasons.

Firstly, I believe I'll be more attractive to the ladies if I get ripped.  I'm not planning on getting so ripped my veins pop out, but I'd like to get lean and mean and I think women like that.  Who knows if it's actually true?  Any female readers want to chime in?

Secondly, I want to be more intimidating to dudes by getting ripped.  When I see another dude, my first thought is whether I could take the guy in a fight.  Animals do this inspection all the time and I'm certainly more primitive than most guys.  I don't have any martial training, but perception is usually more important than reality.  I don't get messed with when I walk around in big cities because I try to project the air that messing with me is going to be more trouble than it's worth.  I don't provoke anything, but I don't shy away or act scared either.

I think I can boost my self-confidence even further by taking some boxing and martial arts classes.

No comments: