Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fitness update

 Tuesday night marked the end of Phase I for me so I weighed myself yesterday morning to gauge my progress.  Crikey.  I actually gained half a pound of fat on the diet.  I don't think I ate too much or the wrong stuff.  In fact, I think I ate too little which triggered a starvation mode response where my body stored everything as fat.  I also didn't start exercising again until Tuesday morning.

In any case, the graphs are all trending in the wrong way, except for weight, so I need to do something about it other than cryin' in the corner.

I'll start P90X with the beginning of the year, but I need to get into better shape before then.  I'm still keeping up with my 200 crunches program and I can now do 72 crunches consecutively, but it's the aerobic activity which is missing.

I could sign up for basketball through the town, but they've already started and I don't think my conditioning is good enough for me to enjoy it.

No comments: