Sunday, July 6, 2008

Beefcake Challenge: End of Week 27

Day 187:
Weight = 193.8 lbs (-2.6 lbs)
Body fat = 29.0 % (+0.4 %)
Visceral fat = 10 (no change)

It seems like I have lost quite a bit of weight from last week, but I think most of that is just water loss from being outside in the sun all day yesterday. My body fat percentage did creep up a little, but that could be in the noise since I'm not sure how accurate my scale is to begin with.

Due to the holiday weekend, I didn't get much cardiovascular exercise in because people were out of town. I did walk to work twice last week and did my strength exercises, but no frisbee and no basketball. Hiking yesterday made up for some of it, but not enough.

I've made pretty good progress since I've started seriously trying to lose weight, but I'd like to pick up the pace. The central fat is an indication of metabolic syndrome and I do not want diabetes. I think that I'll start to see some great progress once I incorporate a better diet, which will happen on Tuesday because I'm going to Monterey tomorrow.

No comments: