Saturday, July 12, 2008

South Beach Diet, Phase I: Day 5

Breakfast: 3 eggs, scrambled with milk, imitation crab, goat cheese and green onions
Lunch: Taco salad
Dinner: Broiled flank steak, asparagus, salad and a glass of almond milk
Snack: Glass of skim milk and part-skim mozzarella
Exercise: None unless hobbling around counts

Breakfast was pretty damn tasty, lunch was leftovers and I tried a recipe from the South Beach book for dinner. I marinated flank steak in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, lemon juice and tomato juice. The recipe only called for two hours of marinating which probably wasn't enough so the meat wasn't as tender as it should've been. I simmered the asparagus, but I think I overcooked it a little because it wasn't quite crisp. No big deal.

When I was looking in my cookbook, I saw some recipes for desserts that looked pretty good so I haven't quite cured my sugar addiction, but I think that I want it less than I did last week. I've got enough willpower to make it through the remaining nine days without any trouble.

No comments: