Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beefcake Challenge: End of Week 29

Day 201:
Weight = 191.4 lbs (-3.0 lbs)

Body fat = 27.6 % (+0.2 %)

Visceral fat = 9 (-1)

Resting metabolism = 1842 kCal (-22 kCal)


Ah ha. Super sweet. I wasn't able to exercise at all this week because my knee and ankle are still sore/weak, but I did manage to lose 3 pounds and even lower my visceral fat by one unit so the diet does get rid of belly fat first. Kick ass. My body fat percentage went up a little bit, but that could be in the noise. However, my resting metabolism is dropping which is not a good thing because it means I'm not burning as many calories during the day, probably because of my inactivity.

These numbers prove to me that the South Beach Diet works. I am wholeheartedly sick of Phase I, but it'll be over tomorrow night. Weight loss will slow in Phase II, but I think that's a good thing. You want to lose between one and two pounds a week steadily rather than five all at once here and there as your body really does not like drastic changes. Hopefully it won't slow to nothing though.

Where do I want to end up? As I mentioned before, I'd like to be "cut," "chiseled" or "ripped." I don't want to be cartoonishly strong, but I'd like to lose more fat. My spare tire has definitely deflated quite a bit, but it's still there. I'm pretty happy with my progress so I included a picture of me smiling since those are very rare. You can also see that I'm rockin' some serious bedhead.

6 comments:

Anne said...

Keep up the awesome work!

Jeremy said...

Thanks. It's always good to see tangible progress which is why I weigh myself and take pictures. Neither one will tell the full story.

irishkimchee said...

You are looking more beefcake by the week.

Jeremy said...

Thanks. I'm definitely starting to see progress.

When I get ripped, I'll put up a post with a picture from each week or maybe every other week to show the progress more clearly.

Unknown said...

As long as you stick to it, you will be fine. I am glad to hear you are enjoying the progress. Hopefully this process is just for You in order to be comfortable with yourself as much of the time as possible. Rocking it, bro'!

Jeremy said...

Dude, it's totally just for me. The better the shape I'm in, the easier it'll be for me to do the sports I like. Nothing more, nothing less.