Saturday, July 5, 2008

Visiting with college friends






























Today was spent hanging out with three of my college friends: Joe, my roommate for the first two years, James, my roommate for the third year and Carrie, James' wife. Carrie is a year younger, but also went to Carleton.

I drove to Palo Alto to pick Joe up and then we drove up to San Francisco to pick up James and Carrie. We drove to Muir Woods and were lucky to get a parking spot. We walked through the forest and then did one of the longer hikes. I'm guess we hiked for about 2.5 miles or so. By then it was lunch time so we drove to Sausalito and found a pretty cool place on the water where most of us got sandwiches. Then we drove to the Marin Headlands and hiked around there - maybe another 2 miles or so. On the way back to San Francisco, we stopped at the Golden Gate Bridge to walk out onto it. We didn't go even halfway, but it was enough.

In the pictures of the Bay you can see a lot of windsurfers.

It was foggy in the morning, but it burned off quickly and we were able to get some pretty cool views. I took a lot of pictures which I've thrown up in here without captions because that will take too long.

It was great to hang out with them and we were talking like we had just seen each other rather than the few years gap.

Joe is the tall dude and James is a bit shorter than me.

No comments: