Sunday, July 13, 2008

South Beach Diet, Phase I: Day 6

Breakfast: 3 eggs, scrambled with milk, shrimp, goat cheese and green onions
Lunch: Taco salad
Dinner: Broiled flank steak, asparagus, salad and a glass of almond milk
Snack: Glass of skim milk, turkey and goat cheese
Exercise: None

I just realized that they replace the fat in skim milk with sugar which gives it the same mouthfeel. Unfortunately, I'm not supposed to have sugar now. That may be why I'm still jonesin' for it a little. There isn't a lot of sugar in milk and I think even Phase I allows for some during the day. I think I'll start buying whole milk since there isn't that much fat and it should be less adulterated.

I definitely think the diet is working since I look leaner, feel healthier and don't crave sugar quite so strongly. Just 8 days to go in Phase I.

No comments: