Saturday, July 26, 2008

Budgeting

I was poking around The Consumerist today and found an article on sneaky ways to save money. One of them is to automatically move money to a savings account when you get paid. I realized today that I spend more money than I make. I've got a cushion from my bonus and tax refund, but I need to work on spending less, especially since I'm saving up for a house. My rent is pretty expensive, but my mortgage will probably be a bit more per month and I'll have new and unexpected expenses.

The good news is that I've almost paid my car off. Once that comes off the books, I'll be in pretty good shape, but I still should keep a better eye on what I spend. Times are tough so I should work on saving up an emergency fund. I think my job is safe for now, but who knows what could happen in six months?

No comments: