Sunday, July 27, 2008

Today was a good day

I try not to have "Dear Diary" type entries to this blog because I think they're lame, but today was definitely a good day. I didn't make as much beefcake progress as I had hoped, but that's ok since I haven't been able to exercise properly. I rode the exercise bike for twenty minutes this morning riding as fast as I can for one minute, cruising for the next minute and then repeating the cycle. A little fartlek (pronounced fart-leek according to my Swedish boss) on the bike. My knees feel pretty good and could handle the intensity, probably because they didn't have to bear much weight. I hit Target for some supplies, but forgot super glue. Oh well. I can pick it up later this week. I then hit Trader Joe's for groceries. It wasn't too busy and they had some decent stuff available. I spent most of this afternoon cleaning the kitchen and the dining area and then went swimming for a bit. The pool is heated in my complex and they have a spa as well. My knees really appreciated the spa. There was even a bit of eye candy, but she was attached to a knucklehead. Most of the people there were there to sunbathe rather than swim, but they did get in towards the end.

Dinner was whole wheat pasta with red sauce, ground turkey and red and yellow peppers. I also had a salad of sweet lettuce, goat cheese and balsamic vinegrette with a vanilla yogurt, blackberry and banana smoothie. I used Trader Joe's organice marinara sauce and do not recommend it. It was pretty bland even though I added chopped tomatoes, italian seasoning and summer savory. I'm definitely not going to get it again. Ground turkey doesn't add much flavor either. Next time I'll get a sauce with more in it and some italian sausage. Dessert was a small bowl of unsweetened gravenstein applesauce.

Phase II is treating me alright. I'm more or less eating like I did before the diet, but using only whole grain bread products and cutting out as much sugar as possible. I don't crave sugar as strongly as I did before Phase I and I'm being pretty vigilent about not buying sweet snacks in the first place. I believe that I'm definitely laying the foundation to get ripped by the end of the year. Once I can start exercising properly, I'll get my ass to the track and sprint until my legs fall off.

No comments: