Friday, July 18, 2008

South Beach Diet, Phase I: Day 10

Breakfast: Tuna fish and shrimp
Lunch: Big salad with smoked salmon, chickpeas and kidney beans.
Dinner: Three egg omelette with ham, cheese and green onion.
Snack: Peanut butter
Exercise: None

Gah. I'm definitely sick of salad now and I spent a good part of today thinking about eating birthday cake or just regular cake. I've also noticed that I'm hungry quite a bit no matter how much cheese or protein I eat. I think my body is ready for some carbs. I've probably changed my metabolism a bit and thrown it into starvation mode. Maybe that's why I've lost the belly fat, but what's going to happen when I start eating carbs again? Will I gain the weight right back?

Just four more days...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How come there is no daily update on your weight?I'm just curious how effective this diet is.

Jeremy said...

I lost one percentage point of body fat and probably two pounds during the first week and if you check back on Sunday you can see how much I lost during the second week.

The book recommends against weighing yourself every day because normal daily fluctuations could swamp out real weight loss.