Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Layoffs and fitness

There seems to be a lot of layoffs going on in Silicon Valley. I'm ok, but you never know what'll happen out there. The tech industry is going through another change and who knows how it'll shake out. It never hurts to keep an ear to the ground and to make friends with people in the solar industry.

I walked to work again today and feel pretty good. I'm definitely getting stronger/fitter. Sweet. I wonder when I'll hit my fitness targets. It's no longer a matter of if, but has become when. I should've been walking to work since I moved out here. I would've been ripped by now.

3 comments:

Flora Tseng said...

Perhaps 'layoffs' and 'fitness' do correlate. People get laid off would probably have less budget for food. Maybe they also walk/bike more to save on the gas spending? Plus, they tend to be under more pressure and anxiety, which makes them eat less and sleep less... hence losing weight...

Jeremy said...

I think some people eat more when they're under stress. I know I do.

irishkimchee said...

Yay for walking to work. At the rate you are going, you will probably hit your fitness target in about 4-6 weeks. Slow weight loss is healthier for you but you already knew that, I'm sure.