Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Possible domestic abuse

I live next door to a Korean couple in their late 20's (my guess). They're pretty quiet and I don't hear much noise from their place except every now and then I hear a lot of arguing, their dog barking, some crying and stuff crashing. It happened again last night at 11:30 and woke me up, which sucks, but I'm not sure what to do about it. I don't want to get in the middle of anything, but I'm not going to stand by if he's whuppin' on her.

The dude is one of those quiet types who never surprise you when they turn out to be bad apples. He actually looks a little like the Virginia Tech shooter.

Hmmm...I guess I can't do anything unless I hear her cry for help (unfortunately, I don't speak Korean) or see him hit her. If he does, he better watch the fuck out because I will not hesitate to take him down. I read yesterday about police in some podunk town had to shoot a dude who was beating a toddler to death on the side of the road. Apparently, passersby tried to stop him, but he just pushed them away. What? How strong could he be? Don't you think two or three people could keep an adult from beating up a toddler? You could pretty much just dogpile him and keep him pinned to the ground. If I had been there, I would've found a convenient piece of wood or something and knocked his ass out. Of course, if he was tripping on something like meth there isn't too much you can do because those people are crazy and wouldn't feel anything.

5 comments:

Flora Tseng said...

If like you said, you hear it once in a while and wonder if she needs help, is it possible to talk to her alone or pass her a note or something?

irishkimchee said...

I'm sure that you probably thought about this already, but you could call the police and file a complaint. I worked on a domestic violence project one summer and was surprised at the number of MEN who were also victims of domestic violence.

Jeremy said...

I have never seen the woman without the dude lurking by and I'm not sure that she would appreciate me calling the police. Some women get pretty pissed off. At least that's what I have learned from watching "Cops."

Unknown said...

Dude, I wouldn't level the mofo with any sort of physical violence. Bests to stay out of the biz unless you are SURE there is a DV situation in effect. I don't need to read about how my bro' got into an altercation with a wife beater who packs heat!
(I bet the noises drive your dog-hearing crazy!)

Jeremy said...

Yeah, you've got to be careful of the quiet ones. I passed them when I was walking home from work and noticed that she's pregnant. Great.