Sunday, June 22, 2008

Beefcake Challenge: End of Week 25

Day 173:
Weight = 195.4 lbs (-0.2 lbs)
Body fat = 29.7% (-0.6 %)
Visceral fat = 10 (no change)

Ah ha. The weight loss from last week's frisbee tournament was maintained this week as seen by the deltas above. Sweet. This past week, I only walked to work twice and went on an easy hike yesterday. I have been eating well and eating less too. Getting into shape requires both exercise and a good diet and I'm starting to see the benefits. Considering that I didn't seriously start until about four months ago, I think I've made great progress. I can't get too complacent though because I'm not quite where I want to be. The spare tire around my waist is deflating, but is still there and I still feel a little "soft" in my core.

I think that slightly soft core might be contributing to my less-than-ideal posture or vice versa. I may need to visit a chiropractor to get things realigned because the muscle memory might be too strong to overcome with just stretching exercises. Hopefully she won't make the change all at once. My hips would probably spasm and that doesn't sound like much fun.


2 comments:

Flora Tseng said...

It does sound good enough progress for 4 months... Given the fact that your skin feels uncomfortable when touched/massaged, I wonder how it's gonna make you feel to go through the chiropractics. If it's too light, it wouldn't serve the purpose for you for re-alignment, if it's reasonably hard, you might cry, heh... but I do encourage you go though.

Jeremy said...

I might cry, but that would be because it's painful to have your muscles realigned that much. I think it would help though so I'll look into it.