Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Holy moly!

I noticed that 87 octane gas is now $4.36/gallon this morning on my way to work. Christ on a stick! It was $4.26/gallon on Sunday.

It's a good thing I'm walking to work often and it's a good thing that I own Exxon-Mobil stock. I wonder how much higher gas has to go before people stop driving trucks, SUVs and other inefficient cars. I read an article yesterday saying that the Detroit automakers are laying off tons of people and GM is thinking of selling Hummer. Uh...it's a little too late for that. Americans like everything big except for their bills so you better start making more efficient cars if you want to survive.

I'd really like to see low-sulfur diesel cars here soon. A modern diesel car can get roughly 50 mpg and they no longer produce stank or have trouble starting in the cold.

7 comments:

Y said...

It was $4.98 in Palo Alto a few days ago.

irishkimchee said...

It's $3.85 here in C-ville. I can't believe that my dinky little Corolla just ate almost $40 worth of gas today. I can't wait to move so that I can start walking/cycling to work.

Jeremy said...

Jeez. It's a good thing I don't live in Palo Alto.

I remember gas was about $2.50/gallon for most of last year. Crazy.

Flora Tseng said...

I bet it's more than $5 in San Francisco now... you should be glad you don't live in the city, heh.

Unknown said...

Actually I found that it's cheaper in the city.

Unknown said...

Bro' - You better get your ass on that bike! It's a nice one...and not that little boys' bike you ride like a who-ride!

Jeremy said...

Dude, you're right. I should ride my bike to work, but then I'd end up pretty stanky. I could take a shower at work, but I don't like the facilities. They aren't prison shower bad, but not too far off.