Sunday, June 8, 2008

Burger dinner


I often make burgers because they're pretty tasty and are easy to make. I was feeling a little lazy today so that's what I had for dinner. In the picture above, you see the burger with the trimmin's (barbecue sauce, gouda, mayo, mustard, tomato and pickles), corn bread and mashed potatoes. My drink was half a glass of chocolate almond milk mixed with half a glass of vanilla almond milk.


Above is the raw corn bread in the pan. The recipe comes from my aunt Nancy (my mom's only sister) and makes a soft corn bread.

The ingredients:
  • 0.75 c cornmeal
  • 1 c flour
  • 1/3 c sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 0.75 tsp salt
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 0.25 c milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T melted butter
The instructions:
  • Blend gently together.
  • Do not overstir
  • Bake in a 8" x 8" buttered/greased pan for 20 min at 425 F.
It should look like the above or maybe a little darker if you like it that way. You can also drizzle honey on top before you put it in the oven, but I'm trying to cut down on my sugar.

The above picture shows the burgers after 8 minutes on the George Foreman grill. I only lift up the lid to melt some cheese on top.

The burger ingredients:
  • 1 lb organic ground beef
  • Montreal steak seasoning
  • Ground mesquite flavoring
  • Dried minced onion
  • Teriyaki sauce
  • A few drops of Dave's Insanity Sauce
  • Crumbled feta cheese
The instructions:
  • Mix together in a bowl.
  • Divide mixture into four parts.
  • Form into slightly squashed balls.
  • Cook for 8 minutes on Foreman grill or barbecue on a "real" grill.
Other ingredients that are tasty:
  • Ground buffalo
  • Ground lamb
  • Barbecue sauce
  • Minced spinah
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Tabasco sauce

2 comments:

Flora Tseng said...

is that butter on top of bread? that looks a lot to me. Corn bread looks pretty soft and puffy...

Jeremy said...

No, it's mayo.