Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Food update

I made some wheat bread with my bread maker to provide bread crumbs for
spaghetti and meatballs which used pasta I made by hand.
I also made leek bread:
The next day I used my deep fat fryer to make fried chicken:
Everything turned out really well though the spaghetti and meatballs took three hours from start to finish. I used ground turkey instead of ground chicken. The leek bread is pretty spongy and reminds me a little of the onion buns you find in Chinese cooking. I didn't think the fried chicken was that greasy, but my dinner companion used a paper towel to blot her portion.

I knocked out three more new recipes so I'm making good progress on my challenge.

3 comments:

Zorana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zorana said...

Glad you made that leek bread. It makes a great snack food. But I think you could have baked it a little longer.

Jeremy said...

Yep. I think it needed a few more minutes. I was already into hour three of cooking that night and was getting hungry.