Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Without my glock."

I had an epiphany this morning. I realized that I'm happiest when I'm exercising. Sure, it's nice to have lots of money, to get laid a lot and to do whatever you want, but it seems I need to be active to be happy. It doesn't surprise me given my possible ADHD. I'm always moving at least a little bit.

Maybe one problem for me in CA is that I wasn't exercising much. I was working until pretty late and didn't find as many athletic activities as when I was in grad school. I did better last summer because I was hiking two to three times a month. This year I've been doing my Bethlehem activities and I think it's helped in general.

I think I'll have to make sure I'm active this summer. When I do P90X, I'll be exercising an hour a day six days a week. If I hike on the seventh day, I should be set. I've also started walking during lunch and feel better for it.

It would help if I weren't so damn hungry all the time though. I need to wait until my metabolizes stabilizes or I'll eat myself into an early grave.

No comments: