Saturday, July 4, 2009

Crockpot lamb dinner

I felt like making something with my crockpot so I did a search and found this recipe. It seemed pretty tasty and smelled great when it was cooking. I go to eat it and... nothing. The lamb is tender, but it doesn't taste like much other than hot due to the curry powder and habanero pepper. It must be the curry powder. I cooked curried chicken for a friend and it smelled great, but didn't taste like much. Does that mean my curry powder is no longer active? Strange.

Here is a picture of the lamb mixed with brown rice:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like crockpot recipes a good blog is this one: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
The coconut beef is pretty awesome. Also there is a crockpot community on livejournal called whatacrock that is good too.

Jeremy said...

I talked to an Indian colleague and she said I need to make my own curry powder if I want the taste as well as the smell.

I'll have to check out that site since crockpot cooking is really easy.