Sunday, July 19, 2009

Holy moly home theater

I made an impulse buy last weekend and ordered a 118" (diagonal) projection screen from Carada and a home theater projector, the Panasonic PT-AE3000U.  The screen came on Friday and the projector came yesterday.  A friend help me set up the screen and we got the projector up and running and tested it with Quantum of Solace on Blu-Ray.  The movie sucked ass, but looked fantastic on the screen.  It's about epsilon away from being the real deal like commercial movie theaters. 

Unfortunately, the projector has a long throw length so it had to sit on the couch.  I'll build a shelf for it on the back wall and I need to figure out what sort of mount I want to build for the screen.  There is a window on the wall where I have it now, but I may put the screen on to a different wall. 

I'm going to set it up so I pipe in a signal from an over-the-air antenna so I can watch football on it.  That'll be unbelievably pimping so I'll have to have a big ass Super Bowl party.

No comments: