Monday, July 13, 2009

Hiking up Cacade and Porter Mountains

Yesterday was another hike with the crew from Hiking Mates on Meetup. The organizer is a dude I hadn't met before and he's a bit strange for sure. He's pretty controlling and wigged out when people actually wanted to stop at a rest area on the way. He was also adamant that everyone hike together though everyone has his own pace.

After hearing some strange shit come out of his mouth, I got in a car with three people who weren't going to put up with his crap. We hiked with the other people, but not exactly because we tended to hike a lot faster than them.

Anyhow, the weather held up, the hike was fairly easy, my full leather Asolo boots are waterproof and I got some exercise. I also banged out two more high peaks so I just have 42 to go. Heh.

Here is a picture from the top of Cascade. You can see a number of other high peaks. I think this shot looks out over Keene Valley.

Cascade is my third high peak.

Here I am confirming that Porter is my fourth high peak.

Below is three pictures from either Cascade or Porter; I can't remember.

As usual, I took a short video on the way up with my Flip Mino. I didn't see any animals other than a greedy bird on top of Cascade.

No comments: